Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is not meant for consumption alone, it can do wonders to your hair too. Apple cider vinegar has many positive benefits. When you dilute it properly and apply a rinse regularly, you’ll start to notice some pretty profound shifts in how your hair looks and responds.
- Clears out product build-up
- Restores balance and reduces dandruff
- Promotes strong and healthy hair
What makes argan oil good for hair is that it is rich in antioxidants, phenols, omega-6 fatty acids, carotenes, and vitamins A, C, and E.
It is lighter than other plant-based oils, so doesn’t leave it feeling greasy or heavy and can be used on all hair type.
- Restores moisture and shine
- Soothes an itchy scalp
- Prevents heat damage
- It creates a protective sheath around the hair shaft, thus no more frizz.
- Promotes hair growth
- Nourishes your tresses
One of the reasons why coconut oil is so healthy for hair is that it is 94% fat. The fats in coconut oil can penetrate each strand of hair, restoring lost moisture. Little wonder coconut oil is widely accepted. Often used as a natural moisturizer and anti-fungal, it prevents hair breakage and split ends, promotes scalp health.
Below are beneficial uses of coconut oil for your hair: Serves as a deep conditioner, it helps to detangle hair, great for hair with dandruff, helps to tame frizz hair and helps to achieve a natural shine hair!
Avocados are not only good for your body and internal system but are also known to be excellent for the hair. Avocado masks are supposedly the best thing you can do to your hair and are known to work like magic to transform your strands, add life and make your hair healthy again especially for heat-damaged hair! Loaded with vitamins, amino acids and other great nutrients, expect the following benefits from Avocado:
- Increased hair growth
- Improved hair moisture
- Helps strengthen hair roots
- Makes detangling more manageable
Amla (also called Gooseberry) has established itself to be a resourceful fruit for the hair. Gooseberries can do good for your hair. Use at the right concentration Amla’s can promote healthy hair growth, prevent hair fall, strengthens hair roots, improve hair elasticity, conditions the hair and scalp by reducing dryness and the formation of dandruffs.
Some literature also report that it can prevent premature hair graying!
Interestingly, Banana has a lot to offer your hair, as much as your other body organs.
- Banana Improves Hair Health by achieving soft, smooth, as well as moisturized hair.
- Prevents weak hair and dandruff
- Smoothes frizzy hair
- Boosts hair growth
Managing dry hair is very difficult. You just need to apply the paste of mashed banana with honey so that your hair becomes nourished, soft and silky.
Only a few hair care products have enjoyed a greater amount of buzz online than baobab oil. So far, baobab oil has maintained a staying power that others have lacked.
You might be wondering what is the real deal with baobab, and how can it help breathe new life into your hair. Here is how:
- Fights dandruff
- Moisturizes and soothes dry scalp
- Fights free radicals and UV radiation that causes damage to hair
- Promotes hair growth
- It effectively combats split ends and frizzy hair.
When you see the ingredient chamomile, you probably think of the health benefits that go with the consumption of chamomile tea such as immunity, stomach aches, treating insomnia or relieving a stuffy nose. However, you are missing out on a wealth of benefits that accompany using natural hair care products that contain chamomile as an essential ingredient on your curls, kinks, and coils.
Chamomile is awesome for your hair in various ways:
- Rids the scalp of dandruff
- Soothes an irritated scalp
- Restores vibrancy to your hair
- It is effective in the treatment of thinning hair or hair loss
Kaolin Clay is one of the most abundant clay minerals on earth. Widely used across many industries from manufacturing uses to medicinal uses. Little wonder it’s been embraced in effective hair care routines.
The main benefits of using kaolin clay in your hair care include:
- It detoxifies your hair
- It helps to remove dirt and excess oils that build-up on hair and scalp
- Enhances moisture content of your scalp and hair strands
- Boosts nutrients supply for optimum hair growth.
Moroccan Red Clay is a legend in hair care! If you are wondering why Red clay is hyped like that, here’s why:
- Red clay gets rid of toxins, dirt, impurities and gunk hidden in the hair follicles and strands!
- Deeply nourishes the hair
- Stops hair from thinning
- Removes product build-up
- Prevents hair breakage
- It helps combat scalp inflammation, scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis and scalp irritation.
Fenugreek is a rich reservoir of medicinal properties and natural proteins for the nourishment and health of hair. Here are some amazing benefits of Fenugreek for your hair:
- Stimulates blood flow to the root of the hair
- Helps to prevent or stop hair fall.
- Improves hair growth
- Removes excess oil on scalp
- Great cure for dry and itchy scalp
- Helps in the treatment of dandruff
Flaxseed is rich in omega three fatty acids, vitamin E and magnesium. Not only does it nourish your skin, but it also has a long list of benefits for your hair!
Interestingly, you can make flaxseed gel or opt for flaxseed oil. Hair care Products made with flaxseed are great for your hair health, Flaxseed helps to add definition to curls, making them look healthy and vibrant.
If you’re struggling with hair thinning or hair fall, turn to your kitchen because garlic is going to help you combat them!
Garlic contains a compound called ‘allicin’ which destroys a wide range of bacterial species and gets rid of any fungal infections.
- Effective in strengthening the hair follicles.
- Promotes voluminous, thick hair.
- Contains copper and selenium that speeds up the hair growth process and kills harmful free radicals.
Grape seed oil
Grape seed oil
Are you in constant search of ways to deal with your hair issues and promote healthy hair growth? Your hair can benefit from the magical properties of grapeseed oil.
This oil is a rich source of fatty acids such as oleic acid, linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, omega-3 and omega-6. Also, it contains vitamins-C, D and E, which all together improves the health, texture and look of your hair dramatically.
It helps controls scalp dryness and dandruff, promoting stronger hair growth and minimizing hair loss. Grapeseed Oil gives softer and silky hair texture while improving shine.
In recent years, green tea has become one of the most popular natural treatments for hair loss. Green tea is one such ingredient you need to add to your hair care routine for long and lustrous tresses. The anti-inflammatory property of green tea helps to clear the scalp of dandruff and other infections
Green tea also protects the hair follicles from getting blocked by dead skin cells, thereby promoting hair growth. It ultimately helps to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
Green Tea will thoroughly nourish your tresses and keep them looking healthy and shiny.
If honey is able to do a lot for your health and skin, then why wouldn’t these benefits translate to your hair? Initially honey may seem a little daunting and may not seem like the most logical ingredient to apply to your hair considering its thick, sticky consistency, but not to fear! Honey dissolves in water, which means it will effortlessly wash right out.
Honey can be used as a natural conditioner on your hair, to provide moisture while lightening your hair. Honey also prevents and repairs hair damage.
Including lavender essential oil in your daily routine can not only add a relaxing, spa-like quality to your self-care habits, but it may actually help solve some common hair and scalp problems you might be struggling with.
Lavender essential oil has antimicrobial effects which may help kill off fungus and bacteria that can cause major problems for your scalp. Lavender essential oil helps to stimulate hair growth.
Adding Lavender oil to a career oil or your hair cream can help soothe scalp irritation.
Mango Butter has successfully created a name for itself in hair care. It is widely accepted due to its magical effects on hair.
Mango butter is highly saturated and monounsaturated in fatty acids, seals, and protects hair strands, promising growth and hair health.
- Mango butter is rich in antioxidants, thereby protecting your hair from the UV rays and strenuous heat in the environment.
- Mango butter contains vitamin A & E which helps to boost hair strength.
- It also offers a deep moisturizing effect to hair.
- Mango butter is also a reliable heat protectant for your hair.
Introducing Moringa into your diet can help your hair retains its strength, density, bounce, and shine. The Miracle Tree (Moringa) features a number of nutrients that can help with hair fall, hair growth, dry scalp, dandruff, damage due to free radicals, and much more. Here is a deeper look at how Moringa helps your hair:
- Vitamins A and B in Moringa helps to stimulate hair growth
- Iron in Moringa nourishes the scalp
- Zinc in Moringas Strengthens hair follicles
- Vitamins C and E in Moringa prevent hair damage
Although not as popular as shea butter, Murumuru butter is deeply nourishing to all types of hair. It is blessed with lovely nutrients that will keep your hair and scalp healthy.
Below are the benefits of Murumuru butter/oil:
- Murumuru will nourish your hair and scalp with vitamins and minerals thereby helping to keep both healthier for longer.
- It is great for treating dry, damaged and frizzy hair in hot oil treatments and for massaging the scalp.
- Murumuru has moisture sealing properties thereby keeping hair softer for longer.
- It also penetrates the hair cuticle to fortify hair from the inside
Olive Oil (also called liquid gold) is filled with a lot of benefits for all parts of the body. Of course, your hair is not excluded.
- It is rich in vitamin E that helps fight hair loss
- It will repair those areas of your hair which are damaged or abused.
- Olive oil reduces frizziness. In some cases, it manages to eliminate it all together.
- It leads the fight against split ends which is one of the great problems which affect hair.
- Extra virgin olive oil is a magnificent moisturizer and will prevent your hair from becoming dry.
Are you aware that pea protein is a high quality protein which can bring phenomenal improvement in the hair’s health, texture, volume, and appearance? Yes, it is!
The amino acids present in pea protein helps to repair hair damage, rebuild keratin, and further strengthen hair strands, preventing any further damage.
Pea Protein promotes hair growth, it imparts nutrients essential for hair fitness!
It will keep your hair hydrated and improve its appearance from dull and dry to a shiny one.
We are all out for the goodness peppermint has for our hair! If you are wondering how peppermint oil can help your groom your hair, here’s how:
- It helps to tackle dandruff and other scalp infection with its antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties.
- Peppermint oil boosts hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp.
- It improves your hair thickness
- It helps to prevent hair loss.
One of the best ways to use peppermint oil is to apply directly to your scalp and massage the oil into your scalp for a few minutes.
We can trace back the use of rice water on hair to the Chinese village of Huangluo that has been regarded in the Guinness Book of Records as the ‘world’s longest hair village’. Rice water has done magic to the native Red Yao women’s hair. Little wonder rice water has gained so much popularity in past years. Rice water contains Pitera which gives your hair the magic results you are looking for. The benefits include:
- Easy detangling of hair
- Helps to achieve smoother, softer hair
- It makes your hair even more shiny
- It also improves the thickness of your hair
In our previous post, we highlighted the benefits of rice water on the hair. Today, we will show you how rice protein can give you healthy and vibrant hair. If your hair has lost its elasticity or is always falling out, rice protein can do a restorative magic to your hair!
Rice protein will enhance the hair & scalp ability to bind moisture which will eventually contribute to shiny, soft and healthy hair. It also increases your hair elasticity, density and boosts the volume of your hair.
Rice protein also has a cooling and calming effect on the scalp.
Sage has a lot of medical benefits and is rich in saponin, glucose, vitamin B, vitamin C, bitter principles, estrogen, bactericidal properties, enzymes, and potassium.
For your hair, expect sage extracts and fresh herb work magic. Sage herb and extracts can be beneficial in the following ways:
- Helps to combat hair loss and baldness.
- It adds shine to dull hair
- It Stimulates hair growth by making it thicker and stronger.
- It also helps to intensify the color of your hair. An infusion of fresh sage leaves can darken gray hairs as well as deepen the color of brown or black.
Soy butter & oil is an excellent natural product to include in your natural hair care regimen. Compared to other natural oils such as olive oil and coconut oil, soy is a much better option for achieving glossy, shiny hair and improving hair lustre.
Soy is an excellent source of protein which your hair root needs for growth. Thus, it promotes hair growth.
- It helps to combat hair loss
- It will also protect your hair from damaging effects of UV rays.
- Soy effectively retains moisture in hair
- It is a deep conditioner as well.
There are many benefits to using sunflower seed oil in the hair.
Many people confirmed that sunflower oil has helped in retaining hair moisture, hence it is a natural solution to combat dry and frizzy hair. Applying sunflower oil on your hair can help reduce split ends and make hair softer.
Sunflower oil also contains Vitamin E which helps fight free radicals that can damage both hair and scalp.
Interestingly, you can use sunflower oil as a mask for your hair. Remember that using a lot of sunflower oil can make your hair appear greasy, so use in moderation.
Who would have thought that sweet almonds have goodies for our hair? Well…to burst your bubbles, sweet almond is here to make your hair as healthy as possible. Since almond is a powerhouse of nutrients, you can expect it to deliver great benefits to your hair. Some of the benefits of almond oil to the hair include:
- It effectively treats dandruff
- It helps to repair hair damage
- Helps to soothe scalp infection and inflammation
- Effective in treating hair loss
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil
Tea tree il is widely known for its antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory nature. This has made it useful in hair care. Tea tree oil is actually an essential oil, thus you can infuse it with other hair oil, hair cream and what have you.
The benefits include:
- It helps to relieve dry scalp, get rid of flakiness and keep itchiness at bay.
- It helps to soothe your scalp and keep flakiness at bay.
- Its antibacterial properties can get rid of dandruff without drying out your hair.
- It helps to put a stop to hair thinning.
- It also boosts hair growth